Unhandled exception on execution.

All about the core api and animation, input, sound, effect, collision and physics engines.
You can also post here your feature requests.

Moderator: Brume Dev Team

Unhandled exception on execution.

Postby endolaylith on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:23 am

Hi everyone. i have been trying to get brume working properly and always get this same error:

System.BadImageFormatException was unhandled
Message="Could not load file or assembly 'Brume, Version=1.6.2779.2808, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."
Source="mscorlib"
FileName="Brume, Version=1.6.2779.2808, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
FusionLog="=== Pre-bind state information ===\r\nLOG: User = xxxxx\\xxxxxxx\r\nLOG: DisplayName = Brume, Version=1.6.2779.2808, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null\n (Fully-specified)\r\nLOG: Appbase = file:///G:/c#/test/test/test/bin/Debug/\r\nLOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL\r\nCalling assembly : test, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.\r\n===\r\nLOG: This bind starts in default load context.\r\nLOG: No application configuration file found.\r\nLOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v2.0.50727\\config\\machine.config.\r\nLOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).\r\nLOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///G:/c#/test/test/test/bin/Debug/Brume.DLL.\r\nERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x8007000b). Probing terminated.\r\n"
StackTrace:
at System.Reflection.Assembly._nGetEntryPoint()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.get_EntryPoint()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.GetEntryPointAptThreadState(String assemblyFile)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunParkingWindowThread()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I'm on vista sp1 with ms visual studio 2005 sp1 vista edition.

Can anyone help me out?
endolaylith
Brume Rookie

Re: Unhandled exception on execution.

Postby jeskeca on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:59 am

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but I believe the compiled Brume assemblies are using .NET v3.5 I use VS C# Express 2008 and .NET runtime v3.5, and have no trouble.

BTW - what are you trying to run?
jeskeca
Brume Rookie

Re: Unhandled exception on execution.

Postby Silmaryls on Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:47 pm

Well, Brume assembly version in the stack trace is 1.6 so it depends on .NET framework 2.0 and should work with Visual 2005 or 2008.

But I also see paths like "Microsoft.NET\\Framework64" -> Brume is only working with 32 bit .NET framework. Try to install 32 bit framework distrib and it should work.
Silmaryls
Brume Team Member

Return to Technical discussion